Saturday, February 28, 2015

The shortest five months of my life

  So today I hit 5 months! I feel like yesterday I was freaking out about hitting 4 months, and 3 months, and 2 months. It is so crazy. And we only have 2 weeks left of this transfer. If time could please slow down that would be great. 

  This week we had divisions and I went with one of our sister leaders to her area in Zamacola. It was my first time working in an area other than Casa Blanca and it was a really great experience for me. I have it so lucky here in my zone, yeah my cuarto is super tiny and I share a bathroom with a bunch of randoms, but I´ve been really blessed here in Casa Blanca. The people, and especially the ward members, are so great. 

  Also I went to do a few tests at the hospital this week and found out that I officially have parasites so that´s disgusting. Haha always an adventure here in Peru. But that´s what I get for eating street food and drinking parasite infested water. Hahaha. 

  Yesterday at Church was seriously so great. We were in sacrament meeting, and just as background as missionaries during sacrament we just sit there watching the door hoping that our investigators and the less active members will show up. When the meeting started there were almost none of our investigators or MAs. And then suddenly a huge group of people walked in, one of our investigators and like 10 of the less actives. I was soooo happy. It hit me that many times I don´t have faith in the people that we are teaching, some of them I don´t even expect to show up, even if they say that they will. But I sure learned my lesson yesterday as I sat in sacrament meeting and just looked around sooo happy to see all of those people there. 

  God is great and I´ve seen His hands in this work every single day. I know that He is preparing me, and the people who I will teach, to be ready when we find eachother. I know that there are people just waiting desperately to find the truth and the joy that we have found in this gospel, and it´s our job as missionaries to help them find it.

  I love you guys and am so grateful for your love and support. Have a great week and remember that there´s a missionary in Peru who loves you!

Hermana M

No comments:

Post a Comment