Sunday, March 29, 2015

Eaten Alive.



   Fun Facts of the Week: This morning I counted the bugs bites on my legs. 52. Oh the joys. 
There were 2 murders in my area this week. One kidnapped in a taxi and the other stabbed to death and left in the cemetery. But don´t worry I´m probably good.;) Hit 6 months today! One third holy cow. Okay that´s all I got. Next week I´ll update you on the bug bites and maybe I´ll count the nasty drunk men and the dead rotting dogs that we find on the sides of the road here in piles of trash. Haha I love it here so much it´s crazy. Life in the valley.
   This area is so different but I´m learning so much. Like I said last week we do a lot of stuff for the branch, and a lot less normal missionary work. Which is hard and I get frustrated sometimes with our numbers but I know I´m still doing the Lord´s work. I already love all the people in our little branch. Last week our attendance was like 65 for sacrament meeting and when they counted again at the end of the 3rd hour there were only 30. And there are about 400 members that live within branch boundaries, so we have a lot of work to do. My companion Hermana Sullivan is so great. She only has 2 transfers more than me but I´m learning so much from her. She´s awesome and loves to work and serve the Lord. 
   On Saturday my companion and I went to a little town to visit a contact that we had made a few days earlier. It was so great because she was there and we were about to teach her a full lesson! Which doesn´t happen a lot here. She had tons of questions and seemed super interested so we were so excited. And towards the end her son (25 years old and named Moses) came out and told us that he had a lot of questions for us. But we were running super late and our next appointment was a long walk away so we told him we would come back another day. And then we prayed and left. After walking about 10 minutes down the road we decided that we needed to go back. So we did and it was great! We talked to him for a good 20-30 mintutes. We learned a good lesson about listening to the promptings of the Spirit, because we really just should have let him ask us his questions and have taught him right when he asked, but we were too worried about being late to our next appointment, and then that whole 10 minute walk we were just feeling bad about not talking to him. When we talked about going back we were just thinking about how late we were going to be and that they would think we were weird if we went back, but we decided that we needed to do it, and we were so glad that we did!
   Okay that´s about all I got for this week. Honestly it went by so fast that I can´t even remember a lot of it. I´ll take notes for next week so I can be more interesting.
   Also I´ll be sending pictures a little bit later from the computer in the chapel cause there are one million viruses on the computers here, last week all the pictures from my camera got wiped out from a virus so I´m gonna play it safe for a while. 

Talk to you next week!

Love,
Hermana Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment