Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 4!

Another amazing week here at the CCM! I can´t believe I only have 2 weeks left!
For the last 2 weeks we had a trio of Latina hermanas in our room and I grew to love them so much. The Latinas are so sweet and so humble. Hermana Colkuehuanca (from Trujillo) was truly the most pure and innocent person I have ever met. She's a recent convert. Her whole life she had had a desire to be close to God and to serve him so she was preparing to be a nun. This girl literally wanted to be a nun. So sweet. And then she was introduced to the gospel and was so excited to learn that she could serve our Heavenly Father as a missionary. Also she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. Literally looks like Pocahontas. She was the most Christlike person I´ve ever met in my life.
Another amazing latino who humbled me so much is Elder Fuentes. He´s from Ilo which is in my mission. He´s 26. He worked for 10 years earning 20 soles (about 8 dollars) a day to be able to come on a mission. I was his fake investigator one time and his lesson was incredible. He has a testimony of gold. Haha funny story about him, he would always come and talk to me and he would call me Courtney (which probably isn't okay but he doesnt speak a word of english and I didn´t know how to correct him haha so I just let him) and before he left for the field he found me and asked for my email address. He told me he would write me and asked if I would write him back. Haha a couple other latino elders did that too but I don´t remember their names. The Latino are so awesome though.
A few days ago I had to teach lessons SOLO to the LATINOS. Haha it was terrifying but I managed! My spanish is improving but I still don´t feel super confident.
On Sunday we got to watch "Meet the Mormons". It was so good! I encourage all of you to watch it. We also watched "Ephraim's Rescue" which I had somehow never seen before and it was so good.
Just a few random things I´ve learned about my mission and just Peru in general:
We get 5 soles a day in the field (like 2 dollars haha).
Apparently my mission president is super chill and let's us watch Disney movies on Pday
You can't flush toilet paper in Peru. You throw it away. I'm talkin 1 and 2. Hahaha so gross. The bathrooms smell great.
My mission is called the "Mission of the Valient". Apparently everyone in Arequipa is prideful and stubborn. It's the least baptizing mission in Peru.
This week was pretty uneventful but still awesome as always! Today was great of course because it's Pday. I love doing the temple session in Spanish. And after the temple we did our shopping like we always do and my scripture cases were finally ready! I love them! I wish I was allowed to send a picture.
Anyway I don´t have much more time but I love you all! Thank you so much for all the love and support! This mission has already been such a blessing in my life and I´m so happy that I made the decision to serve a mission.
Love, Hermana Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment