Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halfway Done!

Another great week at the CCM! I feel like last Pday was yesterday. Time seriously flies here. I'm still happy and loving it! 3 weeks from now I'll be in the field!  So crazy!
I just want all of you to know how grateful I am to be here. It is such a blessing. Being a missionary and wearing this tag brings me so much joy. I've learned so much in these short 3 weeks. I've prayed more in the last 21 days then I have in my entire life. And I have seen so many of those prayers answered. I know that God listens to our prayers and that He really does love us.
We've been teaching like crazy! We're on our 3rd and 4th investigators right now. We learned a lot from the first 2. One of our investigators right now is an alchoholic so that's interesting for me. But I really do love teaching. You don't really realize how much you love the gospel and how much you KNOW that these things are true until you're trying to teach someone else and bring that same joy into their life.
So we missionaries are super weird and we have a ton of phrases that we just directly translated from English to Spanish. Our teachers thought we were crazy at first but now we have all of them saying them.
1. ¡Que en el Mundo?! (what in the world?!)
2. Por el Amor! (For the love!)
3. Toda dia cada dia. (All day everyday)
Haha missionaries are so weird.
Also I don´t know if I told you this but our maestros dont speak any English. Haha it's pretty hilarious actually. But I love them and have learned so much from them.
I´m pretty bummed because usually missionaries here get to go proselyting once a week in lima for like 5 hours, but as of the week we got here they're not lettting us go anymore. It's too dangerous. There were just a few scary incidents in the weeks before we came so we´re not allowed to anymore.
Pdays are awesome! We have to wake up an hour earlier but it's so worth it. We take a bus to the temple. The bus situation is seriously so hilarious. LIterally there are like 40 missionaries standing on the side of the street trying to wave down a bus and then a bus pulls over and it´s always already super full. But we get on anyway! Haha I wish you could see us all on that tiny bus. Also it's lame because the hermanas have to be with elders all the time in Lima so we don't get murdered or whatever. Haha I really don't think it's that dangerous here but they're just being cautious. Anyway the temple is absolutely beautiful, and I love listening to the session in Spanish. and then after the temple we have like an hour and a half to shop around! It's so much fun! I love gettting to wander the city and eat the delicious street vendor food that we're not supposed to eat and will probably give us diarrhea. Haha it's so fun!
Anyway I'm out of time but I love you all! Thanks for all the love and support!
Hermana Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment